Know Surety Bonds.com
Appeal Defendants Bond: An appeal defendants bond might be required whenever a court decision has been issued against the defendant and the defendant wishes to appeal the decision to a higher court. By having the bond in place, the defendant is able to suspend the court decision until the defendant's appeal has been affirmed or denied by the appellate court.
******** In submitting the initial request for bonding, the following information should be included to insure a quicker response.
1) A complete court bond application - Will provide a basic overall of the bond being requested, as well as information on the principal requesting the bond.
2) Copy of the court documentation - This court documentation/complaint will provide information as to the case and let the surety determine the strength of the principal's chance of prevailing in the case.
3) Copy of the notice to appeal - The notice of appeal will show that the court will accept an appeal and show the necessary bond amount that needs to be place for the appeal to continue.
4) Business Financial Statements: If the principal requesting the bond is a corporation, provide the most recent year business financial statements (balance sheet and income statement). In addition to the business financial statement, a personal financial statement of all the owners of the corporation should be provided as well.
5) Personal Financial Statement: If the principal(s) is an individual, provide a personal financial statement for the principal(s).
6) Current Bank Statements: If the corporation or individual's financial statement has a high declaration of short term/liquid assets (cash, stock and securities), current statements to verify these assets should also be provided.